My name is John Wilburn, and I am a missionary serving with Baptist Mid-Missions in Barrouallie, St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
The Lord brought me to Barrouallie on a short-term missions trip in 2015. During that time He placed upon my heart for the children, Vincentian Churches, older saints, and Believers in the local prison system. This burden led me to return on May 10, 2016 as a full-time missionary.
Since that time the Lord has opened many doors of ministry:
- Bible club and discipleship programs for children four days a week
- A visitation program so that all people can hear the Gospel
- Services with singing and preaching, as well as a Biblical counseling program in the prison system
- Services, outreaches, and teaching programs at Tabernacle Baptist Church
- and training Vincentian Pastors at Baptist Bible College of the Caribbean
Late last year the Lord led me to start planning a furlough that will begin in May 2020. This will not only give an opportunity to share what God is doing in SVG, but gives an opportunity to plan for the future.
Up till this point, my ministry has been described by the first term in my vision “reaching” through evangelism and programs that draw people. With the Lord’s help, I will upon the completion of my furlough begin the second phase described as “teaching” that emphasizes discipleship of Believers, and the next generation of spiritual leaders with the Word of God.
Please pray as I prepare for the upcoming furlough, and change my focus from scattering the Gospel to investing in those who God provides.